Eligibility for Admission
- All candidates, other than those applying under the Foreign Nationals category, should appear for the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) and selection shall be solely on that basis. The Foreign National and OCI/PIO Candidates are also required to apply online on the same portal.
- To be eligible to appear for admission to One year- LL.M. Programme, a candidate should have passed the LL.B or an equivalent degree from a recognised University with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST/Persons with Disability category).
- Candidates appearing/awaiting results of the qualifying examination can also apply and appear in the Entrance Test. However, the eligibility by such candidates, shall have to be obtained by the cut-off date, which will be notified along with the Notification of Entrance Test result, and in case such candidate is placed in compartment in year of the admission would be treated as ineligible.
- Foreign National candidates are exempted from taking the All India Law Entrance Test-2022 (AILET-2022). The other regulations regarding the eligibility for admission will be the same as applicable to the other candidates. The candidates belonging to OCI/PIO category shall have the option to apply either under the Foreign National category or under the category of Indian students. In case the OCI/PIO candidate apply under the category of Indian National, they have to appear in the All Indian Law Entrance Test along with other students. The admission for Foreign Nationals shall be made on the basis of: a) Academic record of LL.B. or equivalent degree recognized by the UGC/ Association of Indian Universities with not less than 55% marks or the equivalent grade. b) Assessment of necessary communication skills in written and spoken English and performance at the interview in terms of aptitude and capacity.
- Note: Definition of Foreign Nationals: The candidates who possess citizenship of a country other than India and hold a valid passport of Foreign Country.
Definition of Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)/Person of Indian Origin (PIO): As notified by the Govt. of India.
Seat Matrix and Reservation
|Name of Categories
|Horizontal Reservation for PwD
|Seats under Respective Categories after excluding PwD Seats
|Other Backward Classes (OBCs): Non-Creamy Layer (22%)
|Scheduled Castes (15%)
|Scheduled Tribes (7.5%)
|Economically Weaker Section (10%)
|Supernumerary: Kashmiri Migrants
|Foreign Nationals (5 seats) & OCI/PIO (5 seats)
5% Horizontal Reservation across the categories has been provided to the PwD Category candidate
Scheduled Castes (15%) and Scheduled Tribes (7.5%) Categories
In order to claim reservation under these Categories, the candidate must have valid certificate issued by the competent authorities. Any unfilled seat(s) reserved for Scheduled Castes (SC) will be converted to Scheduled Tribes (ST) and vice-versa and will not be offered to any other reserved category. In case sufficient number of eligible candidates of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes are not available in the respective category, the seats thus remaining vacant will be treated as General and will be offered to the General Category candidates in order of merit. A list of approved Competent Authorities for the issuance of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes certificates is as follows: –
- District Magistrate, Additional District Magistrate, Deputy Commissioner, Collector, Additional Deputy Commissioner, Deputy Collector, 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate, City Magistrate (not below the rank of 1st class Stipendiary Magistrate), Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Taluk Magistrate, Executive Magistrate and Extra Assistant Commissioner;
- Chief Presidency Magistrate, Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate and Presidency Magistrate;
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar;
- Administrator, Secretary to the Administrator or the Development Officer (Lakshadweep & Minicoy Islands).
Other Backward Classes (OBCs)-Non-Creamy Layer (22%)
22% seats are reserved for OBCs (Non-Creamy Layer) Category. The candidate possessing a valid OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate issued by the competent authority under the Central List of OBCs or under the Delhi State List of OBC’s (Notified by the Government of NCT of Delhi) will be eligible to apply under this category.
- The non-creamy layer certificate should be issued on or after 1st January 2022.
- District Magistrate, Additional District Magistrate, Deputy Commissioner, Collector, Additional Deputy Commissioner, Deputy Collector, 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate, City Magistrate (not below the rank of 1st class Stipendiary Magistrate), Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Executive Magistrate.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar and Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
Economically Weaker Section-EWS (10%)
10% seats are reserved for Economically Weaker Section (EWS). The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed upon production of a valid Income and Asset Certificate issued by a Competent Authority. The Income and Asset Certificate issued by any one of the following authority, shall only be accepted as proof of candidate’s claim as belonging to EWS:
- District Magistrate/ Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/ Additional Deputy Commissioner/ 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar and
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
Persons with Disabilities (PWD) 5% horizontal reservation
Horizontal reservation of 5% has been provided to the candidates belonging to Persons with Disabilities (PwD) category in accordance with the provisions of “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016”. The candidates possessing a valid PwD certificate issued by the competent authority as per the provisions of “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016 will be eligible to apply under this category.
Kashmiri Migrants (KM)-One Supernumerary Seat
One supernumerary seat is earmarked for Kashmiri Migrants. Kashmiri Migrants includes Kashmiri Pandits/Kashmiri Hindu Families (Non-Migrants) who are living in the Kashmir Valley. A valid certificate issued by the competent authority for availing benefit under this category is to be produced by candidate at the time of provisional admission. Since seat of Kashmiri Migrant quota is supernumerary, it will not be converted at all in any other category in case it remains unfilled.
Other Important instructions
- The required certificate(s) for reserved categories/ classes will be essential and to be produced in original at the time of provisional admission. No provisional admission shall be granted for want of caste/category certificate from the competent authority. Further, the caste/category certificate should invariably be in the name of candidate himself/herself and not in favour of respective parents/guardians/spouse or any other family members etc.
- It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to prove his/her eligibility for claiming reservation under any of the reserved categories/sub-categories. The candidates claiming reservation under SC/ST/OBC/EWS/KM/ categories/PwD sub-categories will be required to produce original certificate at the time of provisional admission & document verification.
- The conversion of seats reserved for SC, ST, OBC, EWS etc. to General category shall be done only if no eligible candidate is available in the merit list of the concerned reserved category. However, while converting the seats, any unfilled seat(s) reserved for ST Category will be offered to SC Category and vice versa and only after that, the conversion of the unfilled reserved category seats to the General Category shall be effected.
- If the seat reserved for Persons with Disabilities remain unfilled due to non-availability of eligible PwD candidates(s) under respective category, the same shall be offered to the candidates of respective category from which horizontal reservation has been provided.
- The unfilled seats under Foreign National Category will be carried over to General Category and filled on Merit.
- A Horizontal reservation of 30% of the total seats shall be filled by eligible women candidates including those selected in reserved and foreign national categories
- The University will notify the counselling process for admission at the time of announcement of AILET 2022 result.
- Candidates who are selected shall be intimated about the selection, immediately by the University through email and by posting the result on the website of the University. The candidates will be given stipulated time for getting admission, failing which, the offer of admission will stand cancelled.
- The same procedure shall be followed in the case of wait-listed candidates.
Entrance Exam Fee
|General /OBC/EWS/Foreign Nationals/ Kashmiri Migrants
|SC/ST and Persons with Disability (PwD)
|Fee Exempted- Below Poverty Line (BPL) candidates of SC/ST Category only;
The fee payable fall into three categories: annual fee; one-time fee; and deposits.
|INR 1,00,000.00 p.a
USD 10,000 for Non SAARC country
USD 5,000 for SAARC Country
|Campus Development Fund Fee
|Sports and Games Facilities Fee
|Room Rent (For Hostel)
|Hostel Facilities (For Hostel)
|*Hostel Deposit (For Hostel)
|*Mess Deposit (For Hostel)
Foreign Nationals: The annual tuition fee shall be in Indian Rupees equivalent to 5,000 (Five Thousand Only) US Dollars for candidates from SAARC countries and 10,000 (Ten Thousand Only) US Dollars for candidates from other countries. Other fee will be same as applicable to Indian students.
*50% of the deposits remaining after dues will go towards Student Welfare Fund and 50% towards Alumni on completion of the course. The Student Welfare Fund and Alumni Fund shall be kept in separate accounts and will be used only for students and alumni.
It may be noted that due to paucity of rooms in the hostel, the National Law University Delhi shall not be able to provide hostel accommodation to any student admitted in the LL.M. Programme. Accordingly, the hostel fees/dues have not been included in the above fee structure.